Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) is a framework for scaling agile development to multiple teams. LeSS.works gives an overview. LeSS builds on top of the Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying that at scale. It provides simple structural rules and guidelines on how to adopt Scrum in large product development.
The Certified LeSS Basics course is a brief introduction into the LeSS Framework. It provides a 1-day overview of the framework and some of the essential concepts that it uses. It will help determining whether LeSS is for you but for LeSS adoptions, we’d recommend to follow it up with a LeSS Practitioner course.
This course can be taught by a LeSS-Friendly Scrum Trainer, which is a Certified Scrum trainer with extensive LeSS knowledge.
The Certified LeSS basics course is for anyone who is involved in a LeSS effort. Basic Scrum knowledge is expected and can be achieved by attending a Certified Scrum Master or a Professional Scrum Master course, or thoroughly reading Scrum introduction material such as the Scrum Primer and practicing Scrum. The Certified LeSS Basics course is often combined with a Scrum course where this will be the last day of a longer Scrum-focused training.
- About CLB – Overview of LeSS
- About CLB on Scrum Alliance site
- Certified LeSS Basics – Learning Objectives
- Who Can Teach CLB?: (LeSS-Friendly Scrum Trainers)
- Experienced ScrumMasters and agile practitioners
- Team and Organizational coaches, Trainers
- Organizational leaders and senior managers
- Software engineers and hands-on technologists
Detailed Review Content
This review will combine instructor-led structured training, based on the Learning Objectives below, introduction to System Modelling and extensive Q&A that is based on experience of practical implementation and lessons learned by experienced LeSS coaches (example).
- Introduction to LeSS
- LeSS is Scrum-based approach to scaling
- LeSS: the complete picture (principles, rules, guides, experiments)
- Local Optimization vs. Global Optimization
- Impact of LeSS on organizational design (structures, policies)
- The ‘Contract’ Game
- Feature Teams vs. Component Teams
- LeSS roles and their purposes
- Why is there only one PO in LeSS?
- Role of Scrum Masters
- Role of Managers
- How can LeSS scale over up to 8 teams?
- Understanding reasons behind attempts to “modify” LeSS
Reading Pre-Requisites /Self-Study
- “Must Have” (read):
- “Should Have” (read):
- “Could Have” (read):
- LeSS Events in NYC
- LeSS Communities Globally
- LeSS Newsletters Archive
- LeSS Articles
- LeSS Books (free download as pdf, with less.works log-in)
- Organizational Flattening with LeSS
- Hexagon of LeSS values
- LeSS Videos
- LeSS Brochure
- CLB Flyer
- System Thinking in LeSS transformations (Lv Yi)
- LeSS related Videos
- LeSS Games
Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
LeSS in a Nutshell:
|Message from LeSS Friendly Scrum Trainer (LFST)|
Top- 5 Questions about CLB:
August 25, 2018 Class
November 17, 2018 Class
Please, use the form below to provide your feedback or submit an inquiry. Thank you.