Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) is a framework for scaling agile development to multiple teams. LeSS.works gives an overview. LeSS builds on top of the Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying that at scale. It provides simple structural rules and guidelines on how to adopt Scrum in large product development.
The Certified LeSS Basics course is a brief introduction into the LeSS Framework. It provides a 1-day overview of the framework and some of the essential concepts that it uses. It will help determining whether LeSS is for you but for LeSS adoptions, we’d recommend to follow it up with a LeSS Practitioner course.
This course can be taught by a LeSS-Friendly Scrum Trainer, which is a Certified Scrum trainer with extensive LeSS knowledge.
The Certified LeSS basics course is for anyone who is involved in a LeSS effort. Basic Scrum knowledge is expected and can be achieved by attending a Certified Scrum Master or a Professional Scrum Master course, or thoroughly reading Scrum introduction material such as the Scrum Primer and practicing Scrum. The Certified LeSS Basics course is often combined with a Scrum course where this will be the last day of a longer Scrum-focused training.
Want to learn more about how companies have implemented LeSS? Please visit the LeSS Case Studies page.
- About Certified LeSS Basics – Overview of LeSS
- Certified LeSS Basics – Learning Objectives
- Who Can Teach CLB?: (LeSS-Friendly Scrum Trainers)
Detailed Review Content
This review will combine instructor-led structured learning of key principles of LeSS, hands-on System Modelling and extensive Q&A that is based on experience of practical implementation and lessons learned by experienced LeSS coaches (example).
- Introduction to LeSS
- LeSS vs. LeSS Huge
- Lean Thinking & System Thinking
- Local Optimization vs. Global Optimization
- The ‘Contract’ Game
- The Product:
- Product Development Types
- Portfolio Management
- LeSS Roles
- Product Owner (Overall & Area)
- Feature Team (vs. Component Team)
- Definition of Done (DoD)
- System Thinking & Dynamics
Reading Pre-Requisites /Self-Study
- Readings Preparing for First Call
- Readings Preparing for LeSS Adoption
- Feature Team Primer, by Craig Larman and Bas Vodde
- Lean Thinking, by Craig Larman and Bas Vodde
- System Thinking, by Craig Larman and Bas Vodde
- LeSS Story
- LeSS Principles
- The Scrum Guide, by Jeff Sutherland and Ken Scwaber
- Scrum Checklist by Henrik Kniberg
- The Scrum Master Checklist, by Michael James
- Scrum Primer
- LeSS Events in NYC
- LeSS Communities Globally
- LeSS Newsletters Archive
- LeSS Articles
- LeSS-related Books
- LeSS Videos
- LeSS Brochure
- LeSS Rules
Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
LeSS in a Nutshell:
(Note: To see the list of 3-day LeSS certification courses, worldwide, please visit this page.)
Please, use the form below to ask me a question or provide your feedback. Thank you.