Gene Gendel is an organizational design consultant, adaptive & lean coach and trainer, and independent adviser to senior leadership. Almost 15 of 20+ years of his professional experience – Gene dedicated to working with companies of various sizes and lines of business, trying to help them improve internal dynamics, organizational structure and becoming a better place to work. Gene engages at all organizational levels: senior- and mid-level management, teams and individuals. In his work, Gene uses various methods, tools and techniques to amplify learning by others and to ensure that people gain autonomy after Gene “coaches himself out of the job”. Over the last decade, Gene’s big focus have been large financial institutions and consulting companies that struggle with moving from traditional budgets and portfolio/program/project work decompaction to adaptive/flexible budgeting and products (product-centric, customer-focused development).
Gene Gendel has made some of the rarest, and hardest to accomplish, achievements:
- Gene is one of very few globally (and in the USA) Certified LeSS Coaches (CLC) and Certified LeSS Trainers (CLT). Gene’s company (KSTS Consulting) is the only Certified LeSS Coaching company in the USA
- Along with a few highly experienced colleagues, Gene has build a unique and highly effective educational curriculum, to teach organizational design & simplification, through system thinking and modelling, with heavy focus on product centricity and customer focus.
- Gene is Certified Agile Coach (CAC), by Scrum Alliance – a small elite community of Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coaches (CEC). Gene is also one of the co-creators of Team Level Coaching Certifications (CTC) program for Scrum Alliance.
- Gene has built and supports the biggest, fastest growing and most active in the world Large Scale Scrum (LeSS) community (>5200 members). He also spearheads other communities: Product Management, Business Agility and Kanban (cumulatively counting >5000 people).
Gene is also well-recognized blogger and publisher:
- Adaptive Ecosystems: Collection of Essays About Agility
- Agile Coaching: Wisdom from Practitioners (free pdf)
- Best Agile Articles of 2017, 2018 , 2019 and 2020
Here is the a more detailed list of areas of Gene’s professional focus:
- Organizational/System design
- Enterprise-wide, scaling agile solutions and frameworks
- Promoting System over Local Optimization
- Moving companies away from Skinnerian Behaviorism
- Converting Taylorian Corporate Culture to Kaizen
- Educating about Motivation/Rewards/Incentives
- Adaptive (Agile) Product Ownership and Management
- Adaptive (Agile)/Flexible Budgeting and Rolling Forecasts
- Coaching sr. leadership, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Teams
- Implementing Agile frameworks: Scrum, Kanban
- Mentor to Coaches
Frequently Used References:
- Public profiles: LinkedIn, ScrumAlliance, LeSS.works
- Google Search
- Personal Profile: One-Page Bio, One-Page-Resume
- One-Page Services Summary
- Top-3 Case Studies
- Individual Engagement Proposal
- Partners’ Engagement Proposal-1
- Partners’ Engagement Proposal-2
- logo-image, logo-pdf, stationary
- High resolution head-shot
Please, use the form below to provide your feedback or submit an inquiry. Thank you.