Last night’s meetup produced an exceptional turn-out of people. There were some guests from the UK: friends and colleagues.
The following key points were covered:
- Triple Constraint Triangle of Conventional Management
- Why Agile Community understands Budgeting better than some finance people?
- Why Management Area is so “untapped” in terms of improvements?
- Why did Borealis abolish traditional budgeting?
- Decomposing Budget into: Forecasts, Targets and Resource Allocation
- Forecasts vs. Targets
- “Rolling” Forecasts vs. Dynamic Forecasts
- KPIs: good, bad
- Balances Scorecards against Budgets – what usually wins?
- Splitting a bag of cash
- Does Meeting a Budget Drive Individual Performance?
- What do Monetary Incentives to do People?
- Why do we need Partnership between HR and Finance?
- Frequently ignored scientific evidence
- How to overcome resistance?
- Evolution vs. Revolution: what is better?
- Who is doing “this”
- Agile budgeting for scaling
Note: a number of folks approached, asking to share the materials presented. Please, use the form at the bottom of this page, to receive the materials.
Some Kodak moments captured:
1 thought on “August 23 – LeSS Talks: Agile Budgeting & Finances: unveiling conventional management mistakes”
Hi Gene, nice to meet you f2f at the Business Agility Conference. Interested in your Agile Budgeting materials if you don’t mind sharing. Thx!