The Certified LeSS Practitioner course (also, described on less.works) is an in-depth course covering the LeSS principles, framework and rules, and guides. It provides essential information for adopting and improving LeSS to your product development group. The course contains an overview of LeSS, stories on LeSS adoptions, exercises and extensive LeSS Q&A to ensure we discuss the topics most of interest to the participants.The Certified LeSS Practitioner course is for anyone who is involved in a LeSS effort. Basic Scrum knowledge is expected and can be achieved by attending a Certified Scrum Master or a Professional Scrum Master course, or thoroughly reading Scrum introduction material such as the Scrum Primer and practicing Scrum.
Want to learn more about how companies have implemented LeSS? Please visit the LeSS Case Studies page.
- Experienced ScrumMasters and agile practitioners
- Team and Enterprise coaches, Trainers
- Organizational leaders and senior managers
- Developers and Technologists
Detailed Review Content
This review will combine instructor-led structured training, based on the Learning Objectives below, introduction to System Modelling and extensive Q&A that is based on experience of practical implementation and lessons learned by experienced LeSS coaches (example).
- Introduction to LeSS
- LeSS is Scrum-based approach to scaling
- LeSS: the complete picture (principles, rules, guides, experiments)
- Local Optimization vs. Global Optimization
- Impact of LeSS on organizational design (structures, policies)
- The ‘Contract’ Game
- Feature Teams vs. Component Teams
- LeSS roles and their purposes
- Why is there only one PO in LeSS?
- Role of Scrum Masters
- Role of Managers
- How can LeSS scale over up to 8 teams?
- Understanding reasons behind attempts to “modify” LeSS
Reading Pre-Requisites /Self-Study
- “Must Have” (read):
- Why LeSS?
- LeSS Principles
- LeSS Rules
- LeSS Onion (experiments included)
- Feature Team Primer, by Craig Larman and Bas Vodde
- Lean Thinking, by Craig Larman and Bas Vodde
- System Thinking, by Craig Larman and Bas Vodde
- Who are Fans of LeSS?, by Michael James
- Why Scrum Does Not Make Your Company Too Agile?, by Michael James (+ multi-language brochures)
- “Should Have” (read):
- “Could Have” (read):
- LeSS Events in NYC
- LeSS Communities Globally
- LeSS Newsletters Archive
- LeSS Articles
- LeSS Books (free download as pdf, with less.works log-in)
- Organizational Flattening with LeSS
- Hexagon of LeSS values
- LeSS Videos
- LeSS Brochure
- LeSS Rules (2-pager)
- LeSS Poster
- CLB Flyer – General
- CLB Flyer-On-Demand
- System Thinking in LeSS transformations (Lv Yi)
- LeSS related Videos
- LeSS Games
- Agile Contracts, Larman and Vodde
- Agile Contracts, library of Mark Levison
Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
LeSS in a Nutshell:
Webinars & Podcasts on LeSS
Please, use the form below to provide your feedback or submit an inquiry. Thank you.