Role Requirement (Example)
- A proven track record of playing the role in simple (single autonomous team) and complex (multiple, interacting teams) organizational settings
- Being a teacher, coach and ambassador of Scrum and Agile, promoting and supporting proper norms, values and principles
- Ability to deliver effective service to: team(s), Product Owner, organization and development practices
- Ability to offer guide-level expertise and ability to influence individuals, teams and organizations by a variety coaching tools and techniques
- Ability demonstrate elements of formal and informal coaching education and learning that was developed over years
- Ability to demonstrate good knowledge of various coaching facilitation tools and techniques
- In depth understanding of basic agile frameworks, such as XP, Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban
- Knowledge of scaling frameworks that reduce organizational complexity, such as: Large Scale Scrum (LeSS) or Nexus.
- Ability to work with business stakeholders and customers to help defining a product, business value, customer journeys, etc.
- Strong understanding of system dynamics. Possession of lean and system thinking
- Ability/willingness to identify and call out anti-patterns and dysfunctions at all levels of the system/organization
- Ability to communicate with management and leadership at various levels
- Ability to describe personal mentor-ship journey (being mentored by other coaches)
- Ability to openly collaborate with other organizational coaches and Scrum Masters
- Track record of agile community engagement and participation (attending, organizing, participating agile events)
- Ability to deliver quality, structured, classroom-style (in-person or virtual) training to groups and teams
- Ability demonstrate good teaching and facilitation techniques
- Ability to run training sessions, workshops, seminars, webinars
Agile Software Engineering Skills
As a technical coach, you will bring your strong, multi-year, technical experience in Lean and Agile software development environment to our organization. You will be expected to enable our teams, middle- and senior management to develop appreciation for best-proven agile engineering practices and techniques: such as TDD, ATTD, Refactoring, CI, Unit Testing, Use Case Diagrams, System Sequence Diagrams, UML/Interaction/Class diagrams, Domain Modelling, Architectural Analysis, pair programming, mob programming. Tooling: Fitnesse, Jenkins, Cucumber. Conversant with best practices of DevOps, CI/CD pipeline.
- One or more from Scrum Alliance (CSM, CSPO, CSD) or from Scrum.org (PSM, PSPO)
- Guide level-certifications from Scrum Alliance (CTC, CEC) from from Scrum.org (PST) is a big plus
- International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- Accredited Kanban Trainer (ACT)
- Bachelor’s Degree from college or university.
- Minimum 10 years of professional career development, with 5 years in a coaching capacity.
- Have exceptional communication (verbal and written), facilitation, organization, conflict resolution and management skills
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills