It depends on time and money investment a person needs to make, in order to get certified, as well as on learning and earning (future) potential in the future.
The following certifications are available though coaching:
Getting certified through coaching has some unique value. Attending a coaching episodes, while already having strong foundation knowledge of Scrum (obtained through in-class learning, self-study or work experience) gives an opportunity to reflect and self-assess with help of a coach. This makes further learning of the Scrum Master or Product Owner role more relevant, while the obtained knowledge – longer retained.
By enrolling into CSM Coaching Program, students will be able to fulfill the following 5 main Learning Objectives (see details on Scrum Alliance site) that are required to receive the credential:
- Lean, Agile, and Scrum (Scrum Theory, Scrum Events and Artifact Transparency, Sprint and Increment, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Definition of “Done”)
- Scrum Master Core Competencies (Facilitation, Coaching)
- Service to the Development Team (Scrum Master as Servant-Leader, Value of Development Practices)
- Service to the Product Owner
- Service to the Organization (Impediment Removal, Coaching the Organization)
By enrolling into CSPO Coaching Program, students will be able to fulfill the following 5 main Learning Objectives (see details on Scrum Alliance site) that are required to receive the credential:
- Product Owner Core Competencies (Fundamentals of the Product Owner Role, Working with Stakeholders, Working with the Development Team, Product Ownership with Multiple Teams)
- Describing Purpose and Strategy (Product Strategy, Product Planning and Forecasting)
- Understanding Customers and Users
- Validating Product Assumptions
- Working with the Product Backlog (Differentiating Outcome and Output, Defining Value, Ordering Items, Creating and Refining Items)
The following certifications are available though training:
Certified LeSS Basics (CLB) course is a brief introduction into the LeSS Framework. It provides a 1-day overview of the framework and some of its essential concepts. The training helps determining if further, in depth, learning of LeSS is of interest to a person or its adoption – for an organization. For more information about CLB please, visit this page.
It order to get a full benefit from the course, basic Scrum knowledge is expected and it can be achieved by going through Certified Scrum Master coaching/training or thoroughly studying authentic Scrum introduction material, such as the Scrum Guide, Scrum Primer or practicing Scrum.
Certified LeSS Basics (CLB) training be effectively combined with a Scrum fundamentals training and/or CSM/CSPO coaching, with CLB, being delivered on the last day.
Non-certification training of Scrum Foundations:
As an additional, non-mandatory option, any of the above listed certifications programs can be preceded by 1-day non-certification training: Introduction to Scrum. This helps with solidifying understanding of Scrum, by covering the following Learning Objectives (see details, but note, this is not a certification course), as defined by Scrum Alliance, considering the following:
- Scrum Theory
- The Scrum Roles
- Scrum Events
- Scrum Artifacts
- Artifact Transparency
- All training and coaching sessions are available privately only. If your company is interested in scheduling training or coaching internally, please reach out to us, using the form below.
- It is possible to request a combination of training and coaching series (e.g. Scrum overview training + CLB training, or Scrum Foundations training + CSM coaching + CLB training) to expand learning and maximize on value.
- All training and coaching sessions are interactive and include, role-paying, games, exercises and various system modelling techniques.
Please, use the form below to provide your feedback or submit an inquiry. Thank you.