Note: if you are interested in this role, please reach out directly by using the form at the bottom of this page. I will put you in direct touch with the hiring entity. I dont’ play the role of a middle-man.
A large financial company is looking for people who are passionate about developing software in the most effective and efficient manner with the highest quality. If you are obsessive about achieving outcomes, crisp and clear in your communication, well-versed in group dynamics and coaching, proud of your software craftsmanship, and not afraid to raise issues and drive organizational change, then this is the role for you. You should have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving the status quo. If you’re the right one for us, you pay attention to details and take great pride in your work.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Engineering preferably Computer Science with 8+ years’ experience in building complex enterprise software.
- Have exceptional communication, facilitation, organization, conflict management and time management skills
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail Have expertise in forming smaller strategic teams out of a big waterfall team that works on a single product code base, ensuring connected scrum teams develop functional features of the broader application
Agile Software Engineering Skills
We are looking for technical coaches within the Corporate Technology Line of Business who can help us drive ourselves towards becoming more Agile and Lean. As a technical coach, you will bring your strong, multi-year, technological experience in Lean and Agile software development environment to our organization. You will be expected to enable our teams, middle- and senior management to develop appreciation for best-proven agile engineering practices and techniques: such as TDD, ATTD, Refactoring, CI, Unit Testing, Use Case Diagrams, System Sequence Diagrams, UML/Interaction/Class diagrams, Domain Modelling, Architectural Analysis. Tooling: Fitnesse, Jenkins, Cucumber. Conversant with best practices of DevOps, CI/CD pipeline
At least, 3 years of experience, operating as Agile coach or multi-team Scrum Master, working with most commonly used agile methodologies, specifically – Scrum (also Kanban). Ability to provide strong support for values and principles, stipulated in Agile Manifesto, Scrum Guide and Principles of Lean Thinking. Broad experience with single and multi-team dynamics, specifically with Scrum teams. Deep understanding and hands-on experience with agile scaling frameworks, specifically, Large Scale Scrum (LeSS) or Scrum @ Scale (S@S). Ability/willingness to nurture and help grow internally T-shaped (cross-functional) developers. Ability/willingness to identify and call out anti-patterns and dysfunctions at all levels of the system. Strong understanding of system dynamics and system waste reduction, lean thinking; experience with improving organizational design and corporate culture. Ability to collaborate with other organizational coaches. Ability to differentiate between training, coaching and consulting and apply all of the skills, situationally.
Nice to have:
- Banking experience is a plus
- Hands on experience on PaaS and IaaS platforms like Cloud Foundry, AWS or the likes
- Experience transforming applications to be ready to move to Cloud
- Certifications in one or more of the following: CSM, CSPO,CSD or CTC and/or from the Scrum Alliance or other recognized authority
Employment Type: Full-Time